Sunday, July 25, 2010

My friend found out her parents do drugs and she needs advice. How do I help her?

My best friend found out her parents smoke pot and snort cocaine...which is very unusual because they aren't the type AT ALL to ever do that. She's crying and she needs my help. How do I help her? How can she get her parents to stop? What should I be guiding her to do and how should she be handling this?


Please help me out! Thanks.


-SamMy friend found out her parents do drugs and she needs advice. How do I help her?
I personally believe that smoking pot isn't that big of a deal, and i know plenty of adults who smoke cannabis regularly. I would not worry that her parents smoke pot!





Cocaine on the other hand is a different matter all together, my personal belief is that its bad and should not be done, HOWEVER i also know adults who occasionally do cocaine and they are very nice people.





I think ultimately it depends on how her parents react when doing cocaine, if it effects them negatively and they become abusive or it causes other problems then i think it is quite a bad thing.





BUT as you said, they aren't the type to do that, meaning you would not know unless they told you because it does not effect them in a bad way, it seems like although cocaine is known to be a very bad drug, some people have no problem with it and merely enjoy themselves whilst under the influence of it.





The mother of one of my ex girlfriends used to smoke cannabis and take cocaine, and she was a very nice woman who i got on with very well!





I would tell your friend not to worry if there are no problems coming from their use of cocaine. Certainly tell her not to worry about the fact they smoke pot!





Hope this helps a littleMy friend found out her parents do drugs and she needs advice. How do I help her?
She must stay out of it. It's an adult matter, and nothing to get hysterical about in an adult. The best thing she can do is not follow in their footsteps: cocaine in particular is a harmful, addictive drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment