Sunday, July 25, 2010

Little dog swallowed porkchop bones and is feeling sick now! Please help! Need advice to help my dog?

Little dog swallowed a pork chop bone and is feeling


sick! Please Help!, I need information on how to help my little dog !


No vets are open today !(Christmas).





Is there anything I can do or can give to my dog to help it's stomach and help it pass the bone? If the bone has splintered and is cutting the inside of my dog's stomach what can be done to help it?





Thank you very much!Little dog swallowed porkchop bones and is feeling sick now! Please help! Need advice to help my dog?
emergency clinics are open today. call your vet and they will have an emergency number. your dog needs to be seen now.Little dog swallowed porkchop bones and is feeling sick now! Please help! Need advice to help my dog?
Emergency Vet - NOW!
Emergency Vet Clinics are alway's open. I would take him there!
Pork and pork bones are entirely unsuitable for dogs. They vomit even from the meat, let alone the bones.





I sincerely hope that it is just chemical reasons (pork intolerance in dogs) why your dog vomits, rather than physical damage (a bone stuck in the passages). Watch what is in the vomit.





If the vomiting settles, and if bone came up, it will be the former. In that case just starve him for 3 1/2 hours, and then feed softly boiled rice with lean lamb. That will settle him.





Should there be a bone stuck, he would vomit blood, and the vomiting would not settle. In such a case you need to find an emergency vet, as his life may be at risk. I do not believe this to be the case.





Please keep any pork, pork products like sausages, and pork bones well away from dogs, in general.





Best wishes.
There is nothing you can give you dog at home. It may cause some internal damage . It also may not pass and your dog may need to have surgery to remove the bones. I would contact an emergency vet ASAP
there should be an pet emergency hospital near by. if not keep the little guy comfortable and immobilized for the time. tomorrow take the little one in asap. I fear they will only tell you to wait and let it pass naturally. only time will tell. the only complication possible is with the splinters. this may cause complication in the lower intestines and may require surgery to repair. if this is the case check into some pet insurance quickly.
I had the same problem with my dog. Give him hydrogen peroxide. This will help him to throw up what he has in his tummy. He will not feel good for a few min and make sure he not by carpet it or anything. Sometime that will get it up. If it does not come up just keep an eye on him. When this happened to my dog it did not come up and he had to go into surgery. I almost lost him. I learned my lesson. I now have lids on EVERYTHING. Good luck
take him to the emergency vet clinic. good luck and god bless.
take a tooth brush and stick it down it's troat and it will vomit it up

No comments:

Post a Comment