Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice on what i should take to help a torn ligament heal properly?

I tore the ligament in my right ankle n I need to play in 2 weeks. I tore it about 3 weeks ago so im wonderin wat I should do to help the situation.Any advice on what i should take to help a torn ligament heal properly?
Glucosamine Sulfate -- it's over the counter.


Ask the pharmacist for the varieties available.





Two weeks is short notice for it to work, but what the heck, you can try.





You can also ask your doctor for a topical NSAID -- requires prescription. That won't rebuild ligament but will reduce swelling, pain, etc.Any advice on what i should take to help a torn ligament heal properly?
Are you sure you tore it? If you tore it you really shouldn't play. It will be unstable and very painful. I dislocated my knee last year, and to this day I have issues with it. Elevate it, ice it every day, ibruprofen and see a doctor!! If it is not completely torn it can, which makes matters a lot worse. I am not a doctor so this is all just advice, and it is not to be taken literally just suggestions. But go see a doctor if you have not!

No comments:

Post a Comment