Saturday, July 31, 2010

PLZ could you help give me an advice on choosing between the NETWORKING and PROGRAMMING?

if iam already finished my MSc in network management on which i selected the network designing (CCNA ROUTE) . However , i found it recently that the network design work might almost finish when your network is designed ...and started to think that programming might be better . Not actually sure which field is better in the future and that oppertunities to hunt a job so quick as well as salary issue .





PLZ ......ggive me an advicePLZ could you help give me an advice on choosing between the NETWORKING and PROGRAMMING?
Networking is safer, but you need to make sure you don't just focus on Cisco (like Microsoft certs), or you'll end up like programmers who quickly become obsolete when businesses pick on new set of languages to use. I was a programmer and became a consultant as soon as I could, so I could request to go to different clients, and make sure I was using the latest operating system and programming languages and database.





Even with networking, you may have to move if you end up somewhere that becomes saturated with networking and engineers. The IT field has huge ups and downs, as evidenced by the down period now. But with so few people getting into the field now (scared off) and with the boomers retiring, they'll be huge demand in the next 5 years. But the cycle will continue, since once the demand increases, tons will get into training for the IT field, and will overwhelm it again. I';ve been laid off just once, but I kept my skills up.PLZ could you help give me an advice on choosing between the NETWORKING and PROGRAMMING?
Networking is probably more financially lucrative than programming. CCNA is a very basic start. You need to know a lot more than just that. CCIE is the ultimate Cicso certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment