Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am thingking about going into chemical dependancy therapy as a career. Any advice, experiences to help?

two of my best friends have gone into chemical dependency, they both really seem to love it. my roomate did a social work degree with a chemical dependency minor. she now works with youth in a voluntary program. my other friend works in a lockdown facility with chemically dependant youth. Either way you should be prepared to be able to have authority and assert that you are boss and to not take insults personally. The kids are troubled (if you work with kids) and will take out their agression on you a lot, but you can help them through it, and from what i've seen in my friends, it's totally worth it. good luck!I am thingking about going into chemical dependancy therapy as a career. Any advice, experiences to help?
I only know about this from my dear friend's girlfriend...don't believe a word any one of them say.

No comments:

Post a Comment