Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice on how to help a friend that just had a miscarriage?

My heart is breaking for her but I don't know how she feels because I've never been there. Her and her hubby have been trying to conceive for over a year and wanted this baby so bad. Their little girl was so excited about the baby but now they have had a miscarriage. Is there anything I can do for her??Any advice on how to help a friend that just had a miscarriage?
I had a miscarriage a year ago and have been trying to conceive for at least a year and am not headed into IVF since they found out my ovary no longer releases my egg. My friends feel the same way you do about what line to walk when it comes to my situation. My best advice is to give your condolence once and if she is ready to discuss with you then have an open ear. It is very hard for a couple because they have to hear how sorry everyone is from everyone who knows. It's hard enough to deal with it between them and then they have 20-30 other people calling them within the same week reminding them about it. I still a year later have people who find it appropriate to still offer their condolence when it happened a year ago. People want to be able to move on and not be reminded of their loss repeatedly.
  • revlon colorstay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment