Saturday, July 31, 2010

What should I do? College help and advice?

I am in 8th grade, and I'm already thinking about going to an Ivy League College. What should I do from now to get accept to let's say, Brown or Columbia? Any advice/tips?What should I do? College help and advice?
I'm a senior at an Ivy League University (UPenn), and when I was in high school, I focused largely on my academics. I took the SAT twice. I took several AP classes and exams. I worked my *** off and was always in the top handful at my public school in terms of grades.





But I didn't just focus on academics, as what universities are looking for is a 'well-rounded' person. This means that you should focus on other things; sports, drama, service work. I ran cross-country all four years of high school, was involved in my school chorus all four years, and was a member of several organizations as well.What should I do? College help and advice?
I attend Princeton university. At Princeton, we prefer students with a 4.6 GPA. You should also consider taking as many honors, AP. CLasses as possible. Take the SAT and aim for a 2200. That score is the minium requirements, but don't meet the minium, but aim for higher. Get involved!! Our acceptan e rate is about 5%. The school recieves about 300,000 applications, only 3,000 get in. So study, study, study

No comments:

Post a Comment