Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pregnancy at ten weeks and would like some advice/help please?

Im ten weeks 5 days and cant feel my uterus rising should I be worried? I had a scan last week and everything looked fine. But I heard that the uterus is the size of a grapefruit at ten weeks, if that is true shouldnt I be able to feel my uterus above my pubic bone


Please help me than you xxPregnancy at ten weeks and would like some advice/help please?
You uterus wont be above your pubic bone until at least 12 weeks. Also your size will determine when you feel it, the smaller you are the sooner. However I'm 13 weeks and petite but cant feel anything. It'll be there when its ready :)Pregnancy at ten weeks and would like some advice/help please?
Don't be worried. The Dr. usually won't even start measuring the fundal height until 16 weeks. I went in @ 12.5 weeks and she couldn't feel the top of my uterus. I had a scan two days later and the baby was just fine. I am now 16 weeks and only this past week could I feel the top of my uterus.
i was told that at 12 weeks your uterus is the size of a grapefruit and that is when it pushes up above your pubic bone so i wouldn't worry if i was you. my midwife told me at 9weeks there was no point in her checking my belly as she wont be able to feel the uterus for a few weeks.





good luck!
ive looked this up soo many times about when you are suppsed to feel your uterus above the pubic bone and from what ive read over and over again is that everyone is different and each and every pregnancy is different and typically if it is your first pregnancy you may not be able to feel the top of the uterus as early as 12 weeks, ive read forums about women who were at 14-16 weeks and worried because they couldnt feel anything, but answerers assured them that it is completely normal and insisted that they wait a weeks or two,and since the forums were from a while ago you the see the posts they made about finally popping and feeling their uterus, so dont worry, i myself am 11 weeks and 3 days and cant feel the top of my uterus, so dont worry it will come! just be patient! and happy pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment