Thursday, July 29, 2010

Help I need advice on how i can win my custody battle with my daughters father??

im a single mother, i work full time and work hard to keep a roof over my 5mth daughter head. her father is only taking me to court so he wont have to pay child support, i have sole %26amp; physical legal custody of her but he is threatening me by saying he can fight it and still take her. i dont do drugs and i am a great mother, i have always been the only one that takes care of her...he never comes around he sells and smokes pot, he also has a police record!!


i really didn't want this to get ugly but


what can i do to make sure he does not get her?? i still want him to have visitations but i dont want my daughter around drugs and i know that will be in his home!Help I need advice on how i can win my custody battle with my daughters father??
Make sure that if you are called into court that you have done your homework:





1) Be ready and able to pass any kind of drug test they throw at you (includes hair follicle test, pot stays in them for up to 6 months)


2) Have witnesses (babysitters, friends, neighbors, etc) that can attest to what kind of mother you are


3) Be sure to make police reports if he comes around and you know he is high or with people who would be high or taking her somewhere that you know drugs will be around


4) Make sure that if and when you set up visitation that it is supervised so that he cannot take your child around any kind of people or situations where there are drugs involved


5) Prepare yourself for it to get ugly, you have no other way around it.





By the way I would be giving this same advice to a man if her were fighting for a child against a woman who did drugs.Help I need advice on how i can win my custody battle with my daughters father??
Request that he has supervised visits if you are that uncomfortable with the drugs. I kmow where you are comming from. My kids dad used to threaten me the same way and he sold more than weed! Point blank, I doubt if any judge would give him custody due to his record! Does he work? If he doesn't have a full time job then he can scratch that as well!!! He sounds like a loser ....sorry....he doesn't want to pay child support, but he would rather try to make you believe that he would take on full responsibility of caring for her 24/7??? that would be even more expensive!!! LOL....Do whatever you have to do for the safety of your child.....even if it means getting ugly! Because if the police get called to the house while he is smoking or selling his weed, you run the risk of getting your daughter taken away! Good Luck!
Your child deserves the financial support of her dad. I made this mistake 17 years ago by not assuring my daughters financial security, and now at age 17, she contacted him and has minimal contact. Not much I can say now. I just hope I raised my daughter to make smart choices. I never received a days child support, and now I wish I did. My daughter could have had so much more. I chose to not fight it with the fear he'd drive drunk or high with her or even kidnap her. If he gets busted with drugs while your daughter is with him, you could take the fall with him for child endangerment , so any contact he has, make it be court ordered. Now that I'm older, I realize that there would have been better alternatives legally. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. GOOD LUCK. signed beer 30's wife.
get a great atourney he is stupid your the one thats a good parent if he gets them he will probbaly be teaching them to smoke pot or some kind of illegal drug
I am the dad with custody of my kids due to the fact she is a pothead and sells drugs. He will not win with his record and you have to have proof he is doing drugs, They will do a drug test if you request it. I called the local drug task force and they helped me get the proof I needed. They arrested her for the drugs they caught her with. Just call them and sit back and let them handle it.
I know how you feel and honestly the best way to make sure that the best thing is done is bring up the police record and the fact he uses drugs..Prove he is not a fit father to have custody cause he will try and do that too you...good luck and hold your daughter tight no matter what
I cannot be much help here, except fight like hell.





But I have to ask.....Why did you hook up with this winner?
Get a good attorney and fight it! Courts would always rather have children with their mothers unless they are completely unfit. I am only hearing your side but you don't sound bad, but if you say your baby's father sells and does drugs he might bring up that you did or at least try to say that.





Be on the safe side and consult an attorney. you'll do fine!
Just let them know everything you have just said here. I am sure you will get custody, unless you have an idiot judge. Good luck.
Why do you want him to have visitations if you don't want your daughter around that stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment