Saturday, July 31, 2010

I fell and got hurt and I need advice/help!?!?

Okay, i was with my friends and i fell off my skateboard down a hiil, i got cuts all over and i landed on my left hand. It's not bruised but cut up, but it hurts so bad. It's definetally something with my muscle.





Can anyone tell me how to make cuts heal faster and how to sooth the pain in my hand?I fell and got hurt and I need advice/help!?!?
May want to wash your hands really really well with soap and water to be sure all the asphalt asnd dirt is out of the lesions. NO hydrogen peroxide!! If you use this, be sure to water it down to at least half strength (50:50) with water.





You can apply cold to your hands and keep them elevated....lay on the couch and put a pillow on your chest, put ice on pillow and lay hands on ice. However, don't make the cold icy cold....that could make them ache. Just a couple of ice cubes will be fine, or a bag of ice or frozen vegetables wrapped in a towel. That way, will not get too cold and drippy.





As for healing quickly, as long as there is no remaining dirt, there is no way to make them heal quickly. If they get infected, can soak them in hot water, as hot as you can stand it, to pull infection out of the tissues. But that would be a few days off. Signs of infection are excessive redness, hot, throbbing, swelling, maybe a little drainage. Open areas on the hands almost always are expected to become somewhat infected. So do wash them with soap and water very often throughout the day.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment