Sunday, July 25, 2010

I need some advice on how do I help my 6 year old to remember to wipe everytime after she pees?

My 6 year old daughter always forgets to wipe after going pee. Is this a common problem? How do I get her to remember to everytime?I need some advice on how do I help my 6 year old to remember to wipe everytime after she pees?
I have 2 Girls and Niether seem to remember ... I try to Catch them as they leave the bathroom and remind them that they need to Wipe flush and wash handsI need some advice on how do I help my 6 year old to remember to wipe everytime after she pees?
I taughter that when she started using the potty and not diapers. I'd go with her to the bathroom and first ask her what she does before she uses the toilet--(public places)-she'd say wipe the potty and then do--after she's done I ask her what she should do when she is done and she'd say- wipe myself. We did that till she was 7 or so and now she does it with no prompting
my daughter is 2 and not potty trained yet but wipes everytime she does go





i just ask her if she forgot something when she is done then she thinks aboud it and remembers





this is a good life lesson not just a good potty lesson


teach her to think did i forget something and make sure everything is done
This must be a common problem! My four year old does that same thing PLUS she forgets to FLUSH!! I just keep telling her to do it after she doesn't - hopefully one day it will stick.
Hang up a sign that she can see from the bathroom... one that has words and pictures of what she needs to do in order... pee, wipe, flush, wash hands... then either give a reward if she does them or use it as a ';toll booth'; thing to get out of the bathroom... you can't get out until I see that you did all these things... make a game of it.





Or make up a silly little song that has all the steps in it... or actions to it... ';First you use the toilet, then you wipe your bum. Flush the toilet, wash your hands. Now the job is done!';
Its best to teach them at a younger age.My 3 year old grandaughter was taught early and never forgets to wipe.
Does she forget to wipe after she takes a crap too?





Keep reminding her, and she'll remember.
Pretty Common.


When She Comes out ask her Did you Wipe your Pee Pee Germs. If she did Give her a sticker if not tell her to go back and do it and do not give her a sticker.





Hope this helps
it is very common. i have young girls and they all forget towipe and was hands so i try and make sure i catch them in the loo and remind them to wipe and i was there hands most the time now because they were never doing it. you couldtry giving stickers but that onlyworked with my oldest because my 4yr old always said yes but then never flushed and then there was never any paper in the toilet so then i had to deal with lying lol kids

No comments:

Post a Comment