Sunday, July 25, 2010

Advice on how to help my baby adjust to me going back to work. READ ALL FOR DETAILS?

My daughter is 3 months old and I have to go back to work. I wish I could stay home longer but it's not an option. Both of her grandmothers are going taking turns watching her during the week. The only problem is she hardly lets me put her down without yelling and needs my undivided attention at all times. Which I do love but I know it's going to be very hard for her when I'm not there. She even cries with her dad sometimes.Advice on how to help my baby adjust to me going back to work. READ ALL FOR DETAILS?
what you need to do is what my sister did with me she started to bring the baby to me once a day for like a week before she started working and let me be with her for about in hour let us bond and at first she got fussy but it became routine for her babys live of of routine what time the go to bed what time they eat etc! so start letting the grandmothers have them you need to drop the baby off with them go do some shopping or whatever it is that needs to be done and then come back and pick her up do this for about a week and soon she will be ok with it..Advice on how to help my baby adjust to me going back to work. READ ALL FOR DETAILS?
my daughter brianna was that way. she always wanted mommy. i called her my lil monkey because she was always clinging on to me. i miss it now. i would visit with my mil more and leave brianna with grandma while i went int the backyard or while i was in the other room on the computer. little test runs. brianna is now really comfortable over there. she doesn't cry when i leave. she's even used to being around daddy now. keep in mind that the grandma's have done this before they'll take good care of her and do all that they can to calm her down.
They will work it out when you aren't there.





Buy/borrow a sling like the one in the sources. Get baby comfortable it in at home with you, and then get G'ma's to use it while you are away. Keeps baby close and warm and comfortable.





Babe will be just fine, might be hard at first, on everyone but baby will be fine.
She will be just fine.





No, she doesn't need your undivided attention at all times. She may need the undivided attention of a trusted adult at all times - but there's no reason that has to be restricted to one person.





Hand her over to granny with a smile, tell her she's going to have a lovely day and you will see her later, and walk away whether she yells or not. Do your howling once you are out of sight. She will be _far_ more upset by it if the cues she gets from you tell her that there's something to be upset about.

No comments:

Post a Comment