Sunday, July 25, 2010

I need some advice on how to help my dogs mate.?

Well, I've already read some similar questions posted concerning this question but my dogs are not of a similar breed as the ones mentioned in other questions. First of all my dogs are pure breeds, English Bulldogs in fact. Secondly, they are of age: the female turned 2 yrs old in September and the male turned 1 last month. (I've spoken with professional breeders and they said that it was better for the female to be older than the male.) Anyway, I only want them to mate once because I know I'm not a professional and I don't plan to become one. I just want one small litter for myself and my family and then we will spay and neuter the dogs. However, the male is having trouble putting his ';part'; in her. He's doing the motion and trying real hard, and she's allowing him to, but he just can't seem to get it in. We're considering just having her artificially inseminated but should we just let nature take it's course? English Bulldogs are known for having trouble mating, any advice?I need some advice on how to help my dogs mate.?
English Bulldogs are incapable of breeding themselves. If they do, attempt, they could seriously damage one another. Englishe's have to be artificially inseminated by the vet.





And to answer the question under me a few spaces, English Bulldogs are a man made dog, meaning humans altered them several times and still are, to get the finished product. And in doing so, they took away their ability to breed themselves. Unless you want to put her in a 'rape stand'Where one person grabs his thing and someone else holds her legs apart and you do it like that; though you may get to many puppies that way and have an unhealthy litter.I need some advice on how to help my dogs mate.?
You might try placing her in front of a pillow. He stands on the pillow and it gives him the boost he needs.
Bulldogs are bred by AI. The 'professional' breeders should have told you that, it is Bulldogs 101.
He/she is probably not ready yet are the owner who sold it to you probably got it fixed before .





You could try to get another dog to mate it with
you might need to put on some gloves and help him out the first time......courtney, how did bulldogs procreate in the wild??? i doubt that they can only be artificially inseminated
if u are going to breed english bulldogs u should know that they physically cannot breed themselfs. u either have to have them artifically inseminated or do a ';rape'; type breeding (not recommended). also u should be aware that u will have to bear extra costs with a litter of engish bulldogs opposed to other breeds. english bulldogs tend to have more complications than other dogs. also bulldogs cannot deliver their own pups. the have to have C-sections. please plan this litter with ur vet so u can know all the expected costs and risks with this breed

No comments:

Post a Comment