Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need advice/help with my fish problem...please and thank you guys.?

gold severum %26amp; red tiger oscar.





sorry to bug. today i bought a red tiger oscar and my bigger chilid (golden severum) keeps attacking the oscar, i seperated them putting metal fencing in the tank with each fish on one side. i want to keep them together but im afraid the gold sev. will kill my oscar. any tips or suggestions? please and thank you.I need advice/help with my fish problem...please and thank you guys.?
First question is, how big is your tank? Gold severum is semi aggressive to peaceful fish and doesn't attack other fishes except when they are crowded.





It is possible that you don't have enough room in your tank for both of them. I am little surprise that the severum is attacking the oscar and not the other way around.


But it is possible that you have small oscar and that your severum is full grown adult.





Even they stop attacking one another later, there is going to be murder when the oscar reaches full size.





I would recommend removing one of them.











-rdsI need advice/help with my fish problem...please and thank you guys.?
I would recommend returning the fish, sometimes there are ';incompatibilities';.... :)





Lots of fish stores will take back your fish or even trade your gold severum for something else.... always keep in mind your tank size and compatibility issues ';before'; putting your heart in something cooool you see at the store.


Good luck!
Some fish are just bullies. I would say all you can do is keep them separated. Maybe leave them that way for a while and later on try to remove it and see how they react?
if they are fighting then u have no other choice but to keep them seperated. its not a good idea to put different agressive fish together. u should stick to the same fish of the same size.

No comments:

Post a Comment