Thursday, July 29, 2010

What advice can you give to help my boyfriend and I quit smoking?

i agree with most others,ya have to want it befor itll stick,





i started when i was 7,learned to inhale at 9,smoked at least a pack a week till i was 14 ,then a pack a day till i was 26.ive been quitted for 2 weeks and i can say the only time i cant controll my cravings is when im drunk.(i quit for 1yr 1/2 ,then my girl left me so i hit the bottle hard for a couple years,im not over her yet,but self controll is the 1st step)





HONESTLY,GOOD LUCK!What advice can you give to help my boyfriend and I quit smoking?
Use an all-or-nothing strategy, meaning don't give it up gradually, don't use nicotine chewing gum or any of that stuff. Make a very firm decision to quit, and then keep your promise to yourself. This is a painful but effective strategy if you have enough will power!What advice can you give to help my boyfriend and I quit smoking?
just quit and tolerate torture for some days
You truly need to have the want and the will to quit. I smoked for over 25 years and haven't smoked for the last year and a 1/2. I tried everything,hypnosis,patches,acupuncture,鈥?gum. I tried the Commit Lozenges and it worked for me. It took away the physical side effects of quitting which always defeated me in the past when trying to quit. If you can make it through 2 weeks, you can do it. Good Luck to you both, try thinking about the money you'll save,put those monies aside and go on a nice vacation at the end of a year. Reward yourselves!!
I wuit cold turkey. I woke up one morning after drinking and smoking nearly a pack and said no more, I have to quit. My fiance on the other hand has been trying to quit for two years now. My best advice is to just stop. You will try to make excuses to try to smike but don't give in to temptation. Just stop doing it.
My best friend used a pill called Chantix. It takes a few days but it does work. Also, change your daily routine so that you dont have a set time to smoke. Also, if you are driving, pull over and get out of your car, smoke then get back in whenever you have the urge to smoke. Bet you don't want to stop a lot just to kill the urge.
I have quit smoking for almost 1yr now, it would be of some help in quitting smoking if you were to find a hobby or an interest that you both can do together. or another thing you can do is look on the web site for lung cancer and other related cancers that smoking causes....good luck
I helped by husband quite smoking,by putting peppermint in his pocket,and when he got the urge to smoke he'd call me and I'd tell him that I love him, and that he could do this.Another way is and old family remedy.Keep a dried clove in your mouth,suck on it for a couple of hours, and then toss it out and put a new one in,How does this work? the clove neutralizes the taste of nictione in your mouth(accoording to the experts)is the one reason always smokers want to reach for another one.Good Luck to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment