Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm looking for advice and or methodology to help tutor a 9 year old girl over her hurdle learning math?

This child is the younger of twins - somewhat hyperactive and has some symptons of Attention Deficit Disorder, however she reads and comprehends way above her grade level. Her problem is with math, which she doesn't seem to be able to grasp and simply shuts herself off every time I try to work with her. Any good ideas will be appreciatedI'm looking for advice and or methodology to help tutor a 9 year old girl over her hurdle learning math?
There is a great website I use with my ADHD son, he loves playing it and doesn't realize he is learning in the process (haha)...here it is, hope it helps.





www.rainforestmaths.comI'm looking for advice and or methodology to help tutor a 9 year old girl over her hurdle learning math?
I don't have an answer, but when you get one, PLEASE share it with me. My son is also 9, in 3rd grade. He is doing well in everything else, but failing math. He just simply doesn't get it. He knows most of his multiplication tables, but can't figure out how to use the numbers to solve problems.


I have him in tutoring for an hour before school 4 days a week, and a private tutor 1 hour once a week.
Get her Math U See. It's a curriculum that is very hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment