Sunday, July 25, 2010

Please help me? I need your advice regarding my guinea pig. How to cure his swollen feet ?

We did not notice that his feet are swollen and bleeding,until we washed his feet, the skin beneath his feet are bleeding. I do not know why it was swollen and the skin like tearing off? No crazy and silly answer. I just want to help my guinea pig from suffering.Please help me? I need your advice regarding my guinea pig. How to cure his swollen feet ?
I have read that large openings in your levels on the cage floor can cause feet problems, if you have large openings in your cage floors, levels, put down some cardboard, plywood, or something they can stand, walk on besides the metal floor with the openings in it, hope this helpsPlease help me? I need your advice regarding my guinea pig. How to cure his swollen feet ?
I hope you dont have him on a wire cage floor. This will cause sores and the cavy will die from that. If you have a wire bottom cage cut a piece of carboard and place down on it. You need something on that bottom of the cage to get the feet off the wires. Cavy feet normally dont heal-sorry.
Is he housed in a solid bottom cage or a wire bottom? He may need a ticker layer of litter and/or a different type. Try a recycled paper litter vs a wood shaving. He may be allergic to the wood. While his feet heal make sure you keep his cage extra clean.
He could have bumble foot.(yes, that is a real disease) I suggest taking him to the vets.

No comments:

Post a Comment