Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can you help me please? I need an advice about how can I reach the bank teller position?

II pass two assessments in two different banks, but they don't call me for the interview. I have experience as cashier in restaurant and additionally I have worked in administrative position (assistant).


What can I do?Can you help me please? I need an advice about how can I reach the bank teller position?
This is what they are looking for:





Professional dress and demeaner. Dress for interview as if you are applying to be a manager, not a teller. Speak well and use proper English, do not use slang!





Arrive early, and prepared with extra resumes and all info needed for the application. Be super polite and nice to every single person you come in contact with, from customers, to door men, to tellers. I can't tell you how many people I have crossed off my list because they came to my office with no time to spare AND were rude to my staff.





Have you researched the bank before the interview and did you ask great questions about the company, the interviewer and the job? Most people at this level only ask about pay %26amp; benefits and for me that means a no hire.





Finally, keep in mind that the economy is tanking and banks/lenders are laying off in droves. Also, you are going up against people that have accounting experience %26amp; schooling, do you have either?





Just keep applying and keep following up, there is not much else you can do other than keep on, keeping on.





Good luckCan you help me please? I need an advice about how can I reach the bank teller position?
Try the human resources department of the bank that you are applying to. I was a bank teller for two banks in the State of Hawaii, and that was the route that I went through.
Do you think there is some kind of problem with references from a former employer or that you've changed jobs too often? A teller job isn't rocket science and does not pay well, but is a start if banking is what you want to try.
one thing now adays banks look for your ablity to talk to customers. You are handling transactions and you must be able to sell to the customer in front of you. you have a grand total of 5 mins to get that person in front of you to buy something from the bank.


When going in to these assesments are you talking, how are you dressed? Are you too quiet or too loud. try again and make you necessary adjustments.\


Good luck.


Id aim higher than a teller. Thats a job with so much risk and not much reward.
keep looking? how long ago you applied
If you continue to apply at a variety of banks, you'll eventually get a position. Do keep in mind that banks like many businesses nowadays check your credit report, as they don't want someone in a financial crisis in a position like this, so make sure you have decent credit. The hiring process is really just like that of any other job, so just keep trying. Even though you may have been qualified, there may have been someone more qualified, or a bank employee may have referred someone for the position. Also, many banks will hire someone with teller experience over someone without. Just keep trying. :-)
  • revlon colorstay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment