Sunday, July 25, 2010

Help Cockatiel advice. how often & long do they need to be out of cage & what room temperature do they need?

I found this friendly little bird on Friday when he flew on my head when I was walking my dog. I have advertised to find owner but no luck so I have read a bit about cockatiels but really need advice from experienced owners. I will keep him if not claimed but really need to know about the care of them.Help Cockatiel advice. how often %26amp; long do they need to be out of cage %26amp; what room temperature do they need?
you can let him out for as little as 10 mins a time ,,i have two macaws they come out every morning for twenty minuits before i go to work,,then at 4 pm they are out for half an hour,,then again at 7 30 for as long as they want to,,little and often is the rule,,but is best to get him into a routine that suits you,,,,good luck with him,,,,,,Help Cockatiel advice. how often %26amp; long do they need to be out of cage %26amp; what room temperature do they need?
http://www.cockatiel.com/


http://www.cockatiels.org/


Everything you need to know!! Does your cockatiel talk? Some do.Give your baby bird alot of attention, let it sit on your shoulder while your on the computer
As long as they have food and water you can leave them out as long as you want. Sometimes I even leave the cage doors open on my bird cages and put toys on top that way they can go in and out as they please. I have them trained not to fly from the cage. Like in the evening if you read or watch TV set up a little play area for the bird and let him play. Another thing make sure his wings are clipped with him being out of the cage, with ceiling fans and thing you don't want your little guy hurt.





As for temperature, if you are hot or cold the bird is hot or cold. A lot does depend on the area you live in. Like I live in Indiana, so my birds have to deal with winter and summer. Once thing you can do is feel their feet. If they are cold you can tell through the feet. Also their feathers will be puffed out. Then if they are hot the same thing, except the feathers will be pulled close. Then if it is extremely hot mist them with cool water. Most birds love this.
well i got one to like that as a child than grew up and had a few of my own i breed them and i let them out during the day and in their cage at night if you train them right you can go camping with them go on walks mine used a leash ! keep the food out of their cage at night feed him or her when you get up the bird Will totally fall in love with you and stay by you you will be surprised on how a bird such as the breed you have are great companions!
Mine loves it to be warmer - If you live in a cold area at nite you may want to cover the cage. You will be able to tell if it is cold. You dont want that! You may feed it table foods- mine loves green bean and broccoli. I also was told they need vitamins- which I sprinkle on the seeds and pellets. Ours is out alot- But that's what I decided when I bought the bird- to have her out as much as I could. But I do know people who do leave theres in the cage but then they aren't friendly. Take it out every time you can . They would like to be around you instead of being left alone on the cage.


Good luck with your little one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment