Monday, August 23, 2010

I need help in my career path, can you give me good advice?

I earned my bachelor degree in corporate finance 3 1/2 years ago. I have really struggled to find a job. I know that I would like to become an investment analyst. I am thinking about obtaining my Chartered Financial Analyst designation. Would this help me out a lot in finding a job? Also, do you know anything about this designation?I need help in my career path, can you give me good advice?
It sounds like your stuck. The clue is that you want more education when you haven't found anything. That's a stall tactic. The problem is that after your done with this additional education your still stuck with finding a job except now your in more debt. You want the perfect job or situtation. That's ok but the important thing is to jump in. When I was unemployed a couple of years ago I kept looking for a new job, nothing happened and my self esteem went down the tubes making it hard to even get out of bed. My wife said go to a temp agency, any agency. I got an $8.00/hr job making copies. I was used to making $30/hr but I took it because it was better than zero. I loved making $64 a day, I was finally making money, my self esteem went up and I did finally find a new job that was more appropriate for me. So get going, do anything, just do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment