Monday, August 23, 2010

I need help... I am a cronic nail biter (20+ yrs.) and need tips/ advice to help me stop biting my nails?

My hubby is a chronic nail biter, to the point where they're bleeding or worse. You can get a bottle of stuff at most stores that sell nail polish that's bitter and hangs around for hours. It wasn't strong enough for my guy. We found some heavy duty stuff called Orly No Bite Deterrent. It tastes worse than Bittrex.





Do not eat finger food or cook without washing it off first.I need help... I am a cronic nail biter (20+ yrs.) and need tips/ advice to help me stop biting my nails?
Get acrylic nails, if you're a woman. If you're a guy, get a hobby!








Much Love!!I need help... I am a cronic nail biter (20+ yrs.) and need tips/ advice to help me stop biting my nails?
There is some special nail polish in the store that you can buy so that everytime you bite your nails it tastes nasty and if you continue to bite them it could make you sick.


Kind of cruel but it helps to quit the addiction!


Another suggestion is to get acrilic nails so that way you cant bite your nails and those nails r too strong for you to bite!
I have tried everything.... I am still looking for an answer. I even went to a shrink once who said it's repressed stress.





All the research Ive seen on it shows its like any other obsessive compulsive disorder. Alot of the websites I went to said it can be controlled with the same meds they give people who have O/C disorder. I never took that route, as I deplore pills.... but who knows.


Also, ask your doctor.
I second the idea of putting something yucky-tasting on them. Do this every day for two months, and the habit to not bite them should take over.
Im 12 and have the same problem! I have tried the no bite polish, it works till you get used to it and bite through it. What works well for me is getting fake nails and using those for 3 weeks because it takes 21 days to break a habit.
there's this stuff used to keep kids from sucking there thumbs. its clear so polish your nails with it every day and use 2 coats so the taste will be extra horrible. if your a girl you might also start getting manicures and your nails fixed up real pretty. seeing your nails so pretty might make you not want to ruin them. this worked for me.
put rubbing alcohol on them so when you bite them they taste bad... or wear mittens :/
i think maybe you wear some nice rings and a bracelet that will make you feel more glamourous and feminine.. and so inspire you to stop the nail biting





You can also put some colourless iodine on them.. got to be colourless so as not to mess your clothes.





and you colour also cut the skin nearest to the top of the nail cos thats usually the part that is itching to be bitten.


or you could play brick game and freecell game, that would really take your mind off those nails
slap your self every time you bite your nails that should work
wear nail posish(i dont know if ur a girl or not)or u can put hot sauce on them .:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment