Monday, August 23, 2010

Any advice on how to help my friend with a (what I call) eating disorder?

Shes alsmost 14,5'4,and 97 lbs (slim). She thinks shes fat so shes starving herself.She also counts the calories on everything.Im really scared because she might eventually become underweight or annorexic.Any advice on how to help my friend with a (what I call) eating disorder?
She is 97 lbs and thinks she fat? It's possible she could have BDD. It's a psychological disorder in which a person becomes obsessed with imaginary defects in their appearance. You need to talk to her parents, how can they not be noticing this? Well talk to them because that's what a GOOD friend should do, whether she doesn't want you to or not, it's for her benefit.





Even if it's not BDD, she has an eating disorder and it's still a mental illness. She needs professional help.Any advice on how to help my friend with a (what I call) eating disorder?
Well when I was 14 i was 5'1 and 90 pounds and I didn't do any of that.





When she starves herself, that doesn't make you loose weight. And if she is watching her calories, i don't think she will fo underweight. She will just stay where she is pretty much.





Just tell her that you are worried about her. Tell her what you feel.
talk to her %26amp; tell her you're worried





take pics of her then show them to her and show her she's skinny


( my friend did that with her cousin )





someone it takes someone else to say it too, you should ask someone in front of her if she's fat
i understand what your friend is coming from....


my 15 year old cousin has been threatening me to eat and its been working and im improving. I mean being threatened not to eat wasn't fun for me but i know she was trying to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment