Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help me with some advice about dealing/befriending shy people?

If u are a shy person, please tell me why do you run from those that you like the most?


Help me with some advice about dealing/befriending shy people?
For me it's a self-confidence thing, I'm always afraid that the person isn't sincere, or that they secretley dislike me, and I'm too shy to ask so I just withdraw from everything! Help me with some advice about dealing/befriending shy people?
Because a shy person has difficult time with opening up. They are just like anyone else, but they tend to keep their thoughts and emotions to themselves to avoid embarrassment. For some people, the world is a big, big place. And they need to take smaller steps to cope. If they are not feeling safe to step out, then they won't. To run away from those that they would like most means that they are afraid to take the chance to put themselves out further than they feel they are able to. So their fear is greater than their wants. They need either more time, or they simply cannot handle it.
People who are shy are fearful. Lacks confidence. Has false ego. You have to first try to built up confidence in them. Make them understand that even if they commit something wrong, it does not matter and no body is perfect. Motivate them to do what others do generally. Instill the courage in them to do what they want to do. Please do not push them suddenly; instead, you have to do it slowly and then you can change their character.
I am shy near people that i don't know very well or that are intimidating. I'm fine in the classroom, asking questions etc. but sometimes i just don't feel confident enough to talk to some people. It mostly depends on the person... if that person is very confident and loud, i'm not comfortable talking to them, but if your a quiet person i'll talk to u fine... really i don't know why else i'm shy except that i'm not confident enough!! oh yea, nd i am an only child so maybe that plays in some how? but i'm really loud at home soo idkk...
ohhhh.... being shy is my worst problem as well...... i have this problem mostly in class, taking participation in seminars and discussions is really difficult for me, but the thing that i have experienced is that whenever i sit in front of the class so that i am close to the lecturer, this helps me to say my ideas or questions, but if it's possible for my classmates to see me while i am talking, this really dumps me, and am afraid of giving my ideas.......


if anyone has any solution or suggestion it will be good for both of us :(
Many shy people aren't happy with how they are treated. With this in mind, why would they want people they care about to be treated in a similar fashion(only one of many possible reasons). Of course, some people who might appear shy just prefer to choose their friends carefully.
im not but my soninlaw is....daughter sought him out and they were friends and then lovers....ask them ques about their families, pets, favorite books, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment