Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting a degree in Japan and work in the states? Help advice is needed.?

My family will be moving to Japan for 3 years and I will be starting college as an undergraduate.





So my question is, will it be hard for me to get work when I move back to states because of where I got my degree? Will they rather pick someone over me because they studied in the states?





Im really not good when it comes to explaining myself. So if your still not sure of what Im asking then please let me know.





Thank you in advance.Getting a degree in Japan and work in the states? Help advice is needed.?
Technically there is no difference. As long as you have:


a. A degree in a field that is consistent with the job you are looking for


b. You have proper English skills


c. Good grades





It should be fine. And there may be cases where the international experience can be an advantage (applying to multi-national companies)





Also, there are US schools in Japan (like Temple University). You can study there and it is like graduating from Temple in the US.Getting a degree in Japan and work in the states? Help advice is needed.?
I guess I'm more surprised that you are going to a Japanese university and concerned you could keep up with coursework if you haven't mastered the language. Also, if it's 3 years and you're just starting, you won't graduate as university is 4 years. If you're American with a degree, I don't see how it would hinder you from getting a job when you return to America. If anything, wouldn't the international experience be a plus...

No comments:

Post a Comment