Saturday, August 21, 2010

Please help! I need cleaning advice for a dirty toilet, no joke.?

I am leaving my apartment complex and need to clean my toilet. I could hire a cleaner, but alas, I am cheap. I was wondering if there is a fast, easy way to clean a toilet because everything else in the unit is clean and all I need is to clean my toilet. Any suggestions?Please help! I need cleaning advice for a dirty toilet, no joke.?
How bad can it be ?


You can try CLR or just plain bleach. Do NOT mix the two.


Use the brush the push all the water down and scrub with comet .


Remember, only use ONE of these products at a time. Do not mix.Please help! I need cleaning advice for a dirty toilet, no joke.?
1) Buy some rubber gloves and Magic Eraser.


2) Pour 1/4 cup of any type of floor cleaner into both the toilet and tank. (My favorite is Mr. Clean)


3) Allow to sit 10 minutes.


4) Using the Magic Eraser clean in toilet and tank.





This works great. I just purchased a home recently and the two toilets looked like someone tried an experiment in it. There was so much rust, mineral deposits, and unexplainable plastered to the toilet. When I did this, everything came out clean and I hardly used any elbow grease. It looks like I bought brand new toilets. The best is I only spend under $5.
You need an acid to clean a really dirty toilet because of the minerals in the water have combined with the organics.





You can try CLR first, available at grocery stores. Then there is a Muriatic acid from Hardware stores cut 2 cups acid to 4 quarts of water/ Wash out with brush. The toilet will be spotlessly clean.





Bleach wont clean stains out of a toilet, you need an acid to do that.
The best way with the least amount of effort is, The Works, you can buy it at WalMart. It only cost around $1.00 and works on the most disgusting of toilets. Make sure you get the liquid not the cling on stuff, cling on doesn't work.
Purchase a toilet brush and toilet cleaner - Put the cleaner in the toilet, flush and then use the brush to make sure it is spotless.
Assuming it is not really bad, Just some scouring powder and a toilet brush or rag and some elbow grease.





If it is badly stained, you may need to use a pumice stone.
Pour some bleach in it, leave it for an hour or two then flush your problems away. Don't mix it with scouring powder like clorox, that will cauze a chemical cloud. Good luck with those stains.
the works is cheap and good. It will clean the nastiest stuff in no time with really no effort.
I just pore a 1/2 cup of bleach in my toilet and let it stay till morning. Then flush.





I also pore some in the holding tank periodically.
  • hot makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment