Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can someone help me with music writing advice?

I am writing a song, for my friend who is in love with a girl named katie. He wants me to write a song for her. Can I have some lyrics that u smart people might be thinking ofCan someone help me with music writing advice?
Pretty much, yeah. Otherwise it's all going to be generic ';Wow, I think you're really great'; lyrics. Which are fine and all, but won't necessarily mean as much to Ms Katie; your friend might as well just be singing any power ballad from any album in the last twenty years.





That said, there's no need to be so specific that she feels she's being stalked. A song which hints at and thematicises concepts she's into can be the way to go. Better to sing about how she's a warm, loving, caring type than list every Care Bear in her collection by name.Can someone help me with music writing advice?
This question is hard to answer because we know nothing about this Katie girl. Have your friend write a list of like 10-15 things he really likes about this girl. That might help get the gears going!

No comments:

Post a Comment